Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Little Feet get stuck in Little Places

We had quit the experience at Walmart tonight! Ben, Addisyn, and I were almost done with our grocery shopping when Addisyn decided to get her foot stuck in the cart! I thought I was being a good parent by making her sit correctly in the child seat in the cart but even in the right place bad things can happen! She had taken off her shoes, and stuck her foot between the bars below were she was sitting! So we tried to pull it out and her ankle started swelling up from us trying to tug it out! So we finally gave up and took her to customer service to see if they had a solution and a nice lady gave me some Vaseline to try and that didn't work. So then Ben and this lady's husband tried to pull on the bars to open it a little and that didn't work so finally they had to bring out a bolt cutter and they had to cut the metal bars to finally get her foot out! Then they got her an ice pack and a cookie to make it all better! I was totally embarrassed but really glad that she was O.K.! So a note to myself and others, make sure kids leave there shoes on in the grocery cart because little feet fit in really small places and get stuck! I think I will put shoes on her that she can not get off easily while using any grocery carts! Isn't being a parent fun!

3 comments:

M'Lisa Aimoto said...

Poor Addisyn! I'm glad she's ok! And cookies always make everything better, and hugs and kisses from Mommy's help too. Give Addisyn a big hug and kiss from her Aunt M'Lisa, Uncle Jason and cousin Kenji! We love you!

Jessica said...

oh my goodness! I didn't see that one coming!!! Bolt Cutters- Luckily you were at Wall-world because they have everything;) I'm glad she is ok!

Telsha Winger & fam said...

Oh, I'm sorry! It amazes me what these little people can do to stress out our lives huh? Skylee surprises me everyday with something I didn't see coming. I'm glad she is okay poor thing and poor you! How's the pregnancy going?